Learn about Grasse, City of Art and History…
Jardin de la Princesse Pauline. Free and open to the public.
Avenue Reine Jeanne, a site at which Napoleon’s sister enjoyed spending time in winter.
Orientation table (toposcope) overlooking the Avenue Victoria district with a panorama of the Grasse Old Town.
Brochure «Passion-Jardins» available at the Pays de Grasse Tourist Offices.
The carillon on Rue de l’Oratoire was installed in late summer 2012.
It is comprised of twelve bells that chime every hour (10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.), playing the celebrated Provençal anthem “Se Canto.”
At noon, it puts on a three-minute “mini-concert” for spectators. For this musical interlude, the bells play another famous tune from Provençal culture, “Coupo Santo.”
The cathedral dates from the mid-13th century (the bishopric was transferred from Antibes to Grasse in 1244). The architecture is influenced by both Liguria and Lombardy (layout, decorative elements, vaulting).
The main facade is simple and unassuming, reflecting the interior layout : a raised central nave and two side aisles.
A CHOCOLATE FACTORY IN HISTORIC DOWNTOWN GRASSE !
There’s something new in Grasse !
This chocolate factory and shop, tucked in the very heart of the city of fragrances and flavors, is committed to fair trade.
The beans come from Sierra Leone, Madagascar, Ghana, Peru, and Bali, and everything is processed here on site : Duplanteur alone roasts, grinds, refines, and manufactures the chocolate it sells.
The master chocolatier uses organic products – even the sugar is organic !
Specialist in interior perfumes, Lampe Berger set up his new shop on the Boulevard du jeu de Ballon.
Next to the lamps that have become iconic, this new 25m2 space will give special attention to the astonishing collection of scented bouquets by Parfum Berger.
A complete collection to purify indoor air, perfume qualitatively and durably, while decorating your home.
The CDM hosts exhibition spaces and educational workshops: essential and inseparable elements of heritage mediation, core business of the national network of Cities and Countries of Art and History (VPAH). You will also find the whole of the Pole Mediation (lecturers and administrative guides), the Inventory Pole (Research on movable heritage, monumental and intangible), a documentation center and a presentation of the VPAH network.
Jardin des Plantes. Free and open to the public.
Boulevard Fragonard in Grasse, across the street from the Villa Musée Jean-Honoré Fragonard.
Located at the foot of the wall of the city of Grasse, this garden was created in 1779 by Joseph Amable Arnouphle de Pontevès, the first owner of the site, and remodeled by the City in 1976.
Pauline Bonaparte, Princess Borghese, tasted the charms of her geometrically patterned parterres, her pond, her orange trees and her rose bower during a stay in 1811, when she was the host of the Amic family.
Located in one of the oldest houses in the historic center of the city, this perfumery offers the original creations of Didier Gaglewski.